Indulge in the Sweetness of Homemade Marshmallows with this Gourmet Cookbook
Homemade Marshmallow Ropes Recipe
Homemade marshmallow ropes are a tasty and fun treat that you can make at home. These marshmallows are ideal for snacking, dipping in chocolate, or roasting over an open flame. They're soft and fluffy, with a delicious vanilla flavor.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and generously dust with a cornstarch-powdered sugar mixture.
- Combine the gelatin and cold water in a small bowl.
- Allow for 5 minutes to soften.
- Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, hot water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and it is smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat after 15 minutes and stir in the softened gelatin mixture until it dissolves.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Smooth the mixture out with a spatula on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the marshmallow mixture to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before dusting with more cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- When the marshmallow has hardened, remove it from the baking sheet and cut it into long ropes.
- Dust each rope with more cornstarch and powdered sugar and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
How To Make Cereal Treats
Nostalgia Indoor Electric S'Mores Kit
Marshmallow Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup Recipe
S'Mores Sandwich Recipe
Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows Recipe
S'Mores Pancakes Recipe