Ideal for Roasting Marshmallows Over an Open Flame
Homemade Pink Marshmallows Recipe
Pink Marshmallows are fluffy, pillowy treats that are great for snacking or mixing into hot cocoa. They require some patience, but the end result is well worth the effort.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine the cornstarch and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Grease and dust a 9x13-inch baking dish with the cornstarch mixture.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a large mixing bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it reaches 240°F (115°C) on a candy thermometer.
- Pour the hot syrup into the gelatin mixture and beat on high speed for 10 minutes, or until thick and glossy.
- Beat for another minute to incorporate the vanilla extract and a few drops of pink food coloring.
- Smooth the top with a spatula after pouring the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Dust with more cornstarch mixture and set aside at room temperature for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you're ready to cut, dust a cutting board with more cornstarch mixture and place the marshmallow slab on it.
- Cut the marshmallows into desired shapes with a greased knife or cookie cutter.
- To keep the cut marshmallows from sticking together, toss them in more cornstarch mixture.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nostalgia Indoor Electric S'Mores Kit
Marshmallow Roasting Sticks
Pink Marshmallows with Hot Cocoa Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Marshmallow Cream Recipe
Hot Cocoa with Whipped Cream, Marshmallows and Candy Cane Pieces Recipe
Gingerbread S'Mores Recipe