Perfect for Toasting Over a Campfire, Melting in Hot Cocoa or Snacking
Homemade Rainbow Marshmallows Recipe
These brightly colored homemade marshmallows are a tasty treat that everyone will enjoy. With a little food coloring, you can create a beautiful and delicious rainbow effect. Ideal for snacking or mixing into hot chocolate.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Allow to stand while you make the syrup.
- Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to high and continue to cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and slowly pour the syrup down the side of the mixing bowl into the gelatin mixture while mixing on low speed.
- Once all of the syrup has been added, increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 12-15 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy and has tripled in volume.
- Meanwhile, grease and dust a 9x13 inch baking dish with a mixture of confectioners' sugar and cornstarch.
- When the marshmallow mixture is ready, divide it evenly among 6 bowls.
- To each bowl, add a few drops of food coloring and stir until the color is evenly distributed.
- Spread each color of marshmallow mixture into the prepared baking dish quickly with a spoon or small offset spatula, creating a rainbow effect.
- Allow marshmallows to sit uncovered at room temperature for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining confectioners' sugar and cornstarch.
- Dust a cutting board with the mixture and place the marshmallows on it.
- Cut the marshmallows into squares with a sharp knife, then dust each cut edge with the confectioners' sugar mixture.
- Store marshmallows at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Electric Flameless S'Mores Kit
So Much S'More To Do
Salton S'Mores Maker
Marshmallow and Brownie Skewers Recipe
Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows and Cinnamon Recipe
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows Recipe
Marshmallow Latte Recipe